Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 ZXI 900 and the trim dont work. I was wondering if there was anything that usually goes wrong.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Trim Probs

Two things.

1. The actual trim switch itself.
2. The trim motor.

Check Welcome to RIVA Motorsports on the World Wide Web! and you can look at the microfiche schematics on your particular machine and that will help you understand the parts of it and also you can order from there and get the pricing right on line.

If it is the switch sometimes you can take them apart and clean the contacts and put them back together. Don't recommend it though.
If the motor just buy new one. Never be afraid to turn a wrench on your watercraft.:thumbsup::D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[Thanks! And I rebuilt the whole engine by myself and Ive never even worked on a two stroke ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the head and cylenders machined and I have cavitation problems now too. Would a lower pitch prop or an intake grate help that?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Cavitation

Check your impellar for nicks and dings. If so change it. Go with a variable pitch impellar. Lower on the start higher on the top end. Solas. Go here and chose on. I recommend the X prop series. If you have specific questions call them. Solas impeller List

It could also be the wear ring but unlikely unless you sucked up a rock or something here is your parts site for your machine

Rivamotorsports.com's Kawasaki Streetbikes Parts Finder

Dont pay attention to what the link says it will take you to your pump

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AWSOME! Tanks abunch. Do you know if their are any other members in the dallas fortworth aera?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts