Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been searching for some time trying to find a dealer who is wanting to get rid of his inventory from last year (2010). For all my effort, i've barely found any and driving to Calif. from Texas doesn't make an older model any cheaper than a new one! Does anyone know a good way to search for new, under warranty, 2010 or even 2009 ski's without calling up individual dealers??

Any help is appreciated!

C.D.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi all,

I've been searching for some time trying to find a dealer who is wanting to get rid of his inventory from last year (2010). For all my effort, i've barely found any and driving to Calif. from Texas doesn't make an older model any cheaper than a new one! Does anyone know a good way to search for new, under warranty, 2010 or even 2009 ski's without calling up individual dealers??

Any help is appreciated!

C.D.
Look on EBAY motors lot of skis there.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Depends on what model ski you are looking for. Someone on this forum just scored a very nice deal on a new left over 2009 Yamaha FZR that included a cover and trailer, for less than most guys paid for the ski alone. Other left over Yamaha models like the FX HO are pretty much all gone, so there are none to be found. Left over popular models are going to be scarce this time of year.............wait until October or later if you want to find deals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on what model ski you are looking for. Someone on this forum just scored a very nice deal on a new left over 2009 Yamaha FZR that included a cover and trailer, for less than most guys paid for the ski alone. Other left over Yamaha models like the FX HO are pretty much all gone, so there are none to be found. Left over popular models are going to be scarce this time of year.............wait until October or later if you want to find deals.
That's exactly the kind of deal i'm looking for, cover, trailer, and ski for a couple thousand less than I would shell out for a 2011. Warranty is a must. Honestly, I'm good with a ski from any of the big 3 dealers, just as long as i can get a good deal on it! Good point about the timing, negotiating with dealers isn't going to be easy during their highest volume months. Does anyone know if paying cash has any benefit towards negotiations? Iwould like to walk in and say "I have a check for XXXX, get me out the door for this" and see what happens.

Thanks!

C.D.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was in our local SeaDoo dealer a couple weeks ago, and he had several skis that were left over new units from 2010, 2009, and even a 2008 GTX 215 for $9,899.

FWIW, he advertises these on CraigsList, so you might check there. He had the 2008 GTX he quoted to me at $9,899 for $9,800 on CraigsList. Same dealer, same salesman, same ski.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts