Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m trying to find a forum for help. I just joined the community today and I am thankful to be here as well as thankful to anyone who might be willing to help me with my issue.

I recently acquired a 1995 Yamaha wave runner and have been having issues with getting it running. Upon receiving it, I immediately changed spark plugs and got a new battery for it. Still no good. So I made my way to the carburetor and took it out to have it cleaned. Still no luck in starting. Hooked everything back up and tried putting gas directly into the carburetor and turning on the jetski. Bingo. So I finally had the jetski running but this told me the carbs were not being fed fuel. So naturally I try replacing the fuel sending unit. No dice. Ok, move on to the next thing. I then replaced the fuel pump. And once again another brick wall. I am gettingvery burned out with this. Is there a hero out there who can help with this situation.

(sorry if this is not the place to be posting for help. Show me the way and I’ll redirect thanks)

·
Registered
3 Posts
the sending unit is not like a fuel pump in a car. It sucks fuel as the engine runs kind of like a siphon system. You can install a hand pump in the line if it is giving you problems. When you got it started, did it stay running or die when the gas you put in the carb ran out?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts