Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just purchased a Daytona 640 I think its a 1995. Anyways I tried starting it, and doing a compression test, than the starter stopped! Than I pulled the tester and other spark plug off and noticed I had a case of hydrualic lock. I cranked the engine and shot milky water out of cylinders. Than I pulled the head off and noticed on each down stroke oily milky water enters the cylinder. I inspected the pistons and cylinder walls and they are perfect!

Is there some kind of flapper valve or exhaust valve that prevents water or exhaust from entering the cylinder? Thanks in Advance!!

------>dirtyhands!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same problem....hook the hose to it...and the cylinder slowly fills..crank it without spark plugs..and eventally all of them have water in them.... I am hopeing its just a problem in the exhaust..... but its hell getting to the bolts..lol. Will update....when I find something out.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have the same problem....hook the hose to it...and the cylinder slowly fills..crank it without spark plugs..and eventally all of them have water in them.... I am hopeing its just a problem in the exhaust..... but its hell getting to the bolts..lol. Will update....when I find something out.

I hope you didn't send water to the engine with out starting it first cause you will flood the engine and hydrolock it. Basic newb stuff ALWAYS HAVE THE ENGINE RUNNING BEFORE HOOKIN UP WATER AND SHUT OFF THE WATER BEFORE STOPPING MOTOR. THERE IS NO MAGIC FLAPPER VALVE.:laugh:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Daum..... Now I know.... lucky I only spent 3 hours tearing the engine down...sheeeesh.. Well I wont forget this one...lol. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts