Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pulled out my ski , checked everything over. It looked good so connected the battery and started it up. It fired right up no problem, except it was smoking a little bit, then it just kept smoking , larges amounts!! The ski ran fine before. It was only in storage for 3 months, yes it was outside. the only thing i can think was the I did store it at a 45 degree angle , to keep water from gathering in the foot holes. It is '05 r12x with 30 hrs. Thanks for any positive input!!:)

·
Registered
285 Posts
might just be oil build up in the exhaust, put it on the water hose and let it run a little bit see what it does. Just don't rev it. Let it idle. take off the intake tube to the turbo and with the engine off, put your finger on the impeller gently and see if it turns freely. I've had then almost like seize up before, only turn it with your fingers, be careful their sharp. Don't use to much force to bend anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
might just be oil build up in the exhaust, put it on the water hose and let it run a little bit see what it does. Just don't rev it. Let it idle. take off the intake tube to the turbo and with the engine off, put your finger on the impeller gently and see if it turns freely. I've had then almost like seize up before, only turn it with your fingers, be careful their sharp. Don't use to much force to bend anything.
It was parked running perfect. I put it on the hose for about 15 min, just smoked. The turbo spins freely, no restrictions at all.

·
Registered
285 Posts
That is weird. Don't know what to tell you. Possible piston ring failure? Seal out in the turbo allowing for oil to enter the exhaust? Their has to be a reason for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts