• strula

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
be careful

will be careful, seems alittle phishy for my tastes. If i'm wrong, then ale1x763 please prove me wrong and I'd be happy to show some interest.

to prevent this in the future ale1x (and to spot potential scams early):
  • Show more than one picture
  • have more than 1 post
  • give more information on your skis
hope that helped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just remembered why I knew it was a scam. Have talked to this individual before and this is the email correspondence that followed:

Id really like a link to some sort of msn autos verification because this is a very suspicious situation

On Apr 9, 2011, at 2:17 PM, [email protected] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The shipping arrangements have already been made before moving to Greece. The jet sky's is at the shipping company in Helena, MT, sealed and ready for the shipping. I have a contract with MSN Autos so this deal must go through them. It will arrive with all the papers and documents (clear title, bills of sale, jet sky's manual) to prove the ownership and to be able to register it with no problem. The clear title and the bill of sale will be both signed so you can become owner of the car on spot.
>
> The final price you will have to pay is $3,000. The payment will be done through MSN Autos. They will supervise our transaction. You will send the money to MSN Autos and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. I will ship the jet sky's, you will receive it and will have 5 days for inspection,the jet sky's and the paperwork. During all this time MSN Autos will hold the money. If you are satisfied with the jet sky's and decide to keep it you must let MSN Autos know about this and they will release the money to me. If the jet sky's is not as described by me and decide not to keep it, MSN Autos will refund you the money, no questions asked, and i will be responsible for shipping the jet sky's back. I think this is more than fair for the both of us. Please take into consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the jet sky's and make sure everything is as agreed.
>
> If you decide to move ahead, send me your full name and full shipping address (where you want the jet sky's to be delivered ) to initiate the transaction and for shipping reservation and you will be contacted by MSN Autos with all info you need regarding shipping and payment instructions.
>
> I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible. Also, feel free to ask me any question you may have.
>
> Thank you.
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: email erased
> To: alexcoleman21 <[email protected]>
> Sent: Sat, Apr 9, 2011 8:47 pm
> Subject: Re: Two 2007 Seadoo GTI 4 3.000dollars
>
> So where is the link to your item on msn autos? I don't see any personal watercraft options. If you could send me the link I'd be more than happy to continue this transaction as I'm very interested in your skis.
>
> On 4/9/2011 11:54 AM, [email protected] wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have recently moved to Greece. I was hoping to take my jet sky here but when I found out how much shipping would be I've changed my mind. As I'm unable to travel in the near future and I don't have anyone in the US to help me with the sale I decided to make this transaction through MSN Autos. I believe this protects both buyer and seller and it's the right way to do this.
>>
>> Details of Two 2007 Seadoo GTI 4 Tec JetSki's With Trailer
>>
>> One Seadoo has 55 Hours of use and the other has 54 Hours of use since new.
>> They both come with covers. The jetskis have the 130 HP Rotax Motor In them.
>> These jetskis are fun and fast and a great way to entertain the family and friends on the river,lake or open water.
>> The trailer is a 2007 Load Rite dual personal watercraft trailer.The trailer comes with a new spare mounted to the trailer tongue and a lockable storage box attached to store all the gear and extras you may want to have with you.
>> There is no warranty expressed implied or written with these items.The jetskis do possess minor scratches from normal wear and tear ie....bumping docks.
>>
>> The final price is: $3,000
>> Please let me know if you're interested so I can provide you with further details regarding the transaction.
>>
>> Thank you
>> Alexander Coleman
And I never received a response after I asked for the verification of the existence of MSN autos. if the forum could block his IP that would be great. These scams really make it difficult to differentiate a good deal from one that's too good to be true. Granted, this ad is clearly a scam and is why I may have been less than courteous toward this Mr. Coleman here, but I just wanted the email correspondence on file for occasions like this :)

Scammers: leave. Happy hunting/selling to all others!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts