Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last time we took it out, it would beep intermittently. This was not the hot exhaust warning, just a sometimes faint beeping. I unplugged the battery to keep it from being annoying. Got it out again and hooked the battery back up. The beeping started like before, but grew into a steady tone-very annoying and loud. I hooked up the water and cranked it. Found that the rubber boot on the exhaust was cracked where the clamp cut it and leaking. I thought maybe the tone was a water-in-engine compartment warning. I tilted the trailer and drained it fully, but the beeping is still there.

First, how hard is it to replace the boot? Is there a temporary fix for it?

What could cause the beeping, and how do I make it stop?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Beeping indicates: overheating, low oil (if you still have the injection system), or low fuel. If the engine is running OK, and you have plenty of fuel and oil, it may be a bad sensor in any one of these areas. Does the beeping stop when you hit the "reset" button?

The fuel sender is a common problem on these skis, and there is a fairly easy fix, but I don't remember how its done. Try a search.

Other possibility is a bad display (even a little water in the display can cause the beeping problem). First thing I'd try is plugging and unplugging the sensors, and display cables wherever there is a connection and be sure they are not corroded.

Don't know about the boot fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The beeping starts as soon as I hook up the negative terminal. Nothing stops or resets it. It's probably going to have to go to the shop to determine the cause. The boot/coupling will probably be a booger for me to replace myself, so the dealer is probably going to be my best bet on it as well. I just hate getting someone else to do work if I can figure it out on my own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts