Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a couple questions that I was wondering if I could get some advice on. I got an Ultra 150 last summer and rode it a good bit and really enjoyed it! I bought it used with a skiworx stage 2.5ish kit already on it. I love how nimble and quick it is. The one thing I don't like is that the hook up is not good at all at the moment. When I ride I have to ease on the throttle to get it onto a plane. Is this normal or is there an issue I need to fix? Keep in mind I am also running in colorado at 5000-6000 feet above sea level. Also I have a leak right where the drive shaft enters the pump housing? If you where to follow the shaft out of the motor to until you hit a wall that it enter the leak is around the seal of that wall and the shaft. I have concluded that its the shaft bearing holder and will be pulling the motor to replace it. I removed the pump. (came off easy thank god for freshwater only!) With the pump off the drive shaft would wiggle a lot as seen in the video below. I assume this means is the bearing holder? I went a head and took the carbs and exhaust off in preparation for taking the motor out. Any tips or things to do when taking it out? Also any house keeping I should do while its out? It did get submerged last year and I had to pull the plugs and get all the water out of the engine. This is my first motor removal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEiJUkSTrqI

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have a couple questions that I was wondering if I could get some advice on. I got an Ultra 150 last summer and rode it a good bit and really enjoyed it! I bought it used with a skiworx stage 2.5ish kit already on it. I love how nimble and quick it is. The one thing I don't like is that the hook up is not good at all at the moment. When I ride I have to ease on the throttle to get it onto a plane. Is this normal or is there an issue I need to fix? Keep in mind I am also running in colorado at 5000-6000 feet above sea level. Also I have a leak right where the drive shaft enters the pump housing? If you where to follow the shaft out of the motor to until you hit a wall that it enter the leak is around the seal of that wall and the shaft. I have concluded that its the shaft bearing holder and will be pulling the motor to replace it. I removed the pump. (came off easy thank god for freshwater only!) With the pump off the drive shaft would wiggle a lot as seen in the video below. I assume this means is the bearing holder? I went a head and took the carbs and exhaust off in preparation for taking the motor out. Any tips or things to do when taking it out? Also any house keeping I should do while its out? It did get submerged last year and I had to pull the plugs and get all the water out of the engine. This is my first motor removal!

Did the bearing fix the leak?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts