Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How or what got in it is a mystery to me...Damage seems to be confined to the top of the cyl.'s On the front piston, the damage is worse and created about a 1mm gouge in the cyl. wall the metal bits are tic tac size and seen to be made of hardened metal like a valve would be made of, on the real bad piston you can see the bits melted into the piston. Hmm... What you guys think?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looks like your piston skirt is busted. Seen rings, skirts, wrist pin bearings and reed valves all go through engines before. Might have to get a new head or mill it. Looks like deep cuts.:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my piston has a mini skirt?

Hey, yea seems to be the bearings...took off the head checked the play in the crank and no bearings left :( think the crank is bad? the rod is warped (not bad) where it connects to the crank ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New cyl Head for my 650 701 bore-d 1mm to 82mm rojo head?

Looks like your piston skirt is busted. Seen rings, skirts, wrist pin bearings and reed valves all go through engines before. Might have to get a new head or mill it. Looks like deep cuts.:(
Bought a new head with pistons, supposed to fit right on to the 650, any idea if I'm gonna starve this thing? Thinking I might need dual intake and dual carbs? and 701 reed's? or will my stock one tuned with carb adustments work ok? Thanks ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts