Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need some help identifying an old pwc that I got in trade a few years back. It has tags, but I can't seem to be able to Google any info on it.
Judging by other machines I've seen, it most closely resembles an Aqua-Loop, being made of similar materials and shape. Except what I have is a 9hp inboard/outboard that sits between my knees below the seat. The shaft mounts directly below the motor, on the underside of the craft. Steering is done via cable and pulleys to a large aluminum rudder out back.
This thing is pretty neat, just wondering if anyone has ever heard of such a thing? Its legit, company made, not a homemade project. Its tarped up outside right now, otherwise I would just tell you what the vin and tags say. I believe it says "Aqua-Moto".

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
Going to be extremely difficult without pictures. I believe I know what your talking about. If memory serves me right, I saw one for sale a short time ago on craigs list. Might have been in the SoCal area, but not 100% sure. I know absolutely nothing about them, and I bet your going to be hard pressed to find any info. I would find some dealers in SoCal and Florida that have been around for a while, and ask them.
If you find anything, post it. I'm curious to know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought one of these today. Mine has been painted yellow to look like a vintace sea-doo but where the paint is flaking it appears to be the same colour as yours.

Can you provide a photo of the ID plate and the location of it. I can not locate one on mine.

There is another for sale in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada and the fellow selling it thinks it is a Dauphin brand, but I have been unable to find any information about it.

I do remember seeing at least one of these on a lake in Quebec back around 1970.

Mine appears to be complete and has a motor that looks like a modified version of the old Evinrude 9.5 outboard with the shaft eliminated resulting with the lower unit bolted through the hull and directly to the power head. It appears to have fully functional forward/neutral/reverse via a shifter on the left side.

I will post photos later.

Any info / photos that anyone can provide will be appreciated

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts