Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just purchased a barely used 1998 Seadoo GTS two-seater. Supposedly, the machine has just about only 20 hours of use, and from looking in the engine compartment, this looks to be true. Having never used a PWC or any experience in the machine, I was looking for some friendly advice. I am an avid boater and I am familar with boating rules/regs/laws, etc. I am good with servicing outboard motors, so I am not new to the water, just PWC's. In anycase, I'd like to find a good place to find out a little more about my machine. I did not get an owners manual or any specs on it whatsoever. How do I find out the HP, CC's, engine type, weight, etc? Is there anywhere I can download this information in an electronic manual? Also. Would it be neccessary to start and lubricate parts since it has not been used in awhile? Any tips, starter advice, etc would be greatly appreciated so I can enjoy the craft.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
25 Posts
You might be able to find the maintenance manual for your pwc on e-bay or order one from your local dealer. If your pwc has the original mpem (computer) your dealer has a capability to read exactly how many hours are on the boat. I think your pwc has the 717 engine with single carb. How long has the boat been sitting? It may be necessary to clean or rebuild the carb if gas has sat in it long enough to deteriorate to crud resulting in clogging the in-carb filter and jets. Also the fuel selector valve can get gummed up from deteriorating gas. Buy a good battery (YB16CL-B or equivalent). For winter storage and if you don't use the boat enough during the season buy a battery tender.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts