Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
This is my first post and i am also new to jet skis. My ? is about one of our STX-15F's one rides smooth with just the sightest vibration while the other has a considerable amount of vibration. We just bought these new but they were in a demo program and our sheriff dept had them. One had 0 hours on it and the other had .4 hours. The one that had been used for just over a half an hour had been beached and had some rocks sucked into the impeller. The impeller had some very small dings in it and the bottom was scuffed a little. When we first took these out after buying them we ran them side by side with no performance issues. The ski that vibrates is one that I normally do not ride but on our last outing I rode it and noticed the vibration. Not sure if it has always been there or if its something new. Both now have about 17 hours on them. MY question is if anybody would have an idea of what this may be from. Bad gas, dinged impeller or something else. The pick up and top speed are not affected at all and run just as good as the other ski. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry for such a long post but wanted to try and give all the needed info.
Thanks ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there! I also have (2) STX-15F'S, one is a 2005 and the newer one is a 2010! On the 05 I have also noticed a bit more of a vibration, compared to the 10. My 05 has about 60 hrs on it and the impeller has sucked in a few things over the years, so I would imagine that a ding, or bend in one, or more, of the impeller blades is the cause of the increased vibration!! Spoke to my dealer about it, and he pretty much confirmed that would be the issue! As long as the clearance of the blades remain the same around the housing, it shouldn't affect performance noticably!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It would make sence that if the ski that vibrates is the one that was beached in the rocks is the ski that vibrates. These nicks in the impeller are causing this vibration. This vibration I would guess is due to the force of the water going through the empeller is differant from one blade to the next. This would cause an issue similer to ballancing the blade. (Or unballanceing) If that is not the problem then check for loose bolts on the reverse meckanizim and in that area. Perhaps a bold has just come lose or was never tightend properly and is simply vibrating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts