Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , I Recently purchased my first PWC a 07 F12x brand new with zero hours on it. Last weekend i took it out and broke it in as per the manuel. I noticed right away that their was a slight vibration coming from the left rear side at certian Rpm(3-4) and, when backing off the throttle and slowing down it is quite noticeable. Is this a normal characteristic for the 12-x? It seems to run smoothly and perform properly but this vibration does not seem right! I have checked the intake grate and impeller and they are free of debris. The machine sat in the honda wharehouse for the past three years so is there anything should be checked or greased that the manuel does not specify. Any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Seems a little odd. Check the motor mounts make sure their tight. Also squeeze in some fresh grease into the drive line. Should be a grease zert towards the back, could be that grease dried out after sitting that long, possible cause. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips, i found the grease nipple in the back and gave it a couple shots and the motor mounts appear too be good. I will be taking it out this coming weekend so hopefully it will straighten out, still bothering me though being that i only have 5 hours on it. Hopefully it is not a bearing but i think it is more likely Turbo related as only happens at higher rpm and when decelerating. Thanks Again DP.

·
Registered
285 Posts
So how did they run? Find anything new going on with them? Check the oil level also, had a customer with a ski that kinda acted the same when i checked his oil level he had to much oil in it, I sucked some out (about 1 qrt) and it hasn't given him any problem, I also added a full can of sea foam to the gas just incease it has some cabron build up, he had 85hrs on his honda. Keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts