Need some help....I have a 1996 Tigershark Montego that I have not had a problem with since day 1. I used it mainly for running the rivers when I dont feel like taking the ski out. The other day I told my son and his friend they could use it. Long story short I get the news that it almost caught on fire and smoke was barreling out of the engine compartment. Upon further investigation I find out that the battery wouldnt start the ski so they used a battery charger/starter set on 80amp starter made to get it running. After running for awhile they smelt the smoke and got it back to the dock. The voltage regulator is a charred up mess and melted a hole in the back side of the case. My question to the community is was this a fluke and the regulator went bad or did the charger screw it up by throwing too much juice. If so should I just replace the regulator or should I be looking at everything else. Thanks a ton in advance . Im new to the site and was recommended by a friend to check it out.