Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2006 VX 110 delux that developed a rough vibration ( a violent shaking of the whole jetski) while i was riding it. It happend at about 50 mph and once I felt it I killed the engine, checked out the grate to see if anything was in it, and it was fine. fired it back up and it idled fine once i got on the throttle and accelerated the vibrating came back. I'm a good mechanic, just new to the pwc's so i was hoping somebody could help me in the direction of a fix :)

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
an update... the severe vibration happens only when the jet skii is in the water. it idles and throttles fine out of water (on the trailer)

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I have a 2006 VX 110 delux that developed a rough vibration ( a violent shaking of the whole jetski) while i was riding it. It happend at about 50 mph and once I felt it I killed the engine, checked out the grate to see if anything was in it, and it was fine. fired it back up and it idled fine once i got on the throttle and accelerated the vibrating came back. I'm a good mechanic, just new to the pwc's so i was hoping somebody could help me in the direction of a fix :)

Thanks.
Look again and be EXTRA sure you dont have a little piece of wood or rock nestled up in there.
and
Grab a hod of your engine with both arms and try and rock the engine to see if you got busted motormounts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If the motor mounts are good, I'd agree with Don Long.........probably something in the pump. It could be very small. I had a small piece of plastic bag in there once that made mine vibrate like crazy. You may have to remove the intake grate to see. It is also possible to have a small ding in the impeller that would imbalance it enough to cause vibration.

One other thought is a fouled spark plug. I've seen 1 fouled plug do very weird things on these skis include causing vibration, and you often will not see the problem except at higher rpms. My general rule of thumb is to replace the plugs on any Yamaha 4 stroke at the first sign of any problem, since this is so common on these skis.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had this same issue the other day, I could not go over 8mph without the ski virating so bad you would not give it any more power.
I drove back to ramp about 10 miles on "no wake mode" really sucked. take it out of the water, and I could see a small stick stuck in the impeller, I took the intake grate off and got the stick out, but have not tested it in the water again yet, I only hope it is ok now.
I really thought because of the vibration that the ski was badly broke maybe a bearing shot or something nuts like that, but no a small stick, go figure.

I think I had this same thing happen with my older ski and small plastic bag once, but I had forgotten all about that at the time, now that I know this I would be more apt to try to get the ski on teh sand and take the grate off and check it out on the water I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts