Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2006 VX 110 delux that developed a rough vibration ( a violent shaking of the whole jetski) while i was riding it. It happend at about 50 mph and once I felt it I killed the engine, checked out the grate to see if anything was in it, and it was fine. fired it back up and it idled fine once i got on the throttle and accelerated the vibrating came back. I'm a good mechanic, just new to the pwc's so i was hoping somebody could help me in the direction of a fix :)

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
an update... the severe vibration happens only when the jet skii is in the water. it idles and throttles fine out of water (on the trailer)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pitting/ cavitation in the pump casting and impeller caused the vibration. We took the impeller off and polished it as well as the housing. I spent some time going through the grits and ended with a mirror finish. If your housing or impeller has some serious holes its time to replace it. The wear on ours was minor and we were able to refurbish it.

After the repair the vibration is gone and it picks up out of the water a lot smoother and faster!

I wanted to leave this information here in case someone else could use it. So if your housing has a bunch of pits, scratches or is generally rough this might be a place to start after all the pump is designed to push water, not water and air.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts