Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 08 or 09 yamaha vx cruiser and i dont know what was done to it as winterization last winter, last spring we took it up to our cabin and i get on it and it starts like normal and i notice that it sounds like its not running on all 4 cylinders and i take off and then i cold really tell that some thing was up. so we didnt ride it any more and we put it on the trailor and didnt do anything with it all summer, cuz we have 2 wave runners so that one sat on the trailor all summer,

what coud be the problem?

spark plugs?
(i know its a four stroke but still you never know)

and our vx deluxe and our vx crusier wasnt winterized this fall and i live in minnesota, i talked to some people and they said it wasnt that bad but im not too sure about it, what are your thoughts about that,

hahaha and i was wondering if there were any mods that i can do to them to get better proformance or handling that are relitivlily cheap and more or less bolt on

are handle bar risers hard to install/ are they hard to get

·
Registered
30 Posts
Clearly, you didn't do the winterization yourself. First thing I'd check would be to remove all four plugs and make sure the gap is correct (one could have been dropped during winterization). When you reinstall the plugs make sure all are installed correctly and that the wires are firmly attached.

There are bolt-on mods for the VX. You can google "yamaha VX performance modifications" and find sites/forums that address the aftermarket performance options available.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
It is not hard to foul a plug with the winterization process if you aren't careful. I'd replace the plugs. I do my own winterization, but the mechanic at the dealership told me that they recommend replacing the oil as part of the winterization, then in the spring they start the ski and run the fogging oil, etc. out of it then they replace the plugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts