Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought two brand new VX Deluxe models for the wife and I. Also just found this site. Anything I should know or beware of on this model of jetski. Thanks
scott.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Scott, I also have 2 VX Deluxe. Great machines. Be careful that you don't pull up to a dock and let the machine go up under the dock, The mirror WILL snap off because of the location. Other than that, have fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had my VX for about 5 months now. Changing the oil is a pain, but maybe that is the way all skis are. So far mine has been great. Just get on and GO!

Bama is right about the mirrors. I replaced mine with tie cleats and really like it. Without the cleats I never had figured a good way to tie to a dock. The mirrors were sort of useless to me anyway. There is a small thread about it elsewhere on the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the mirrors with the cleats before they even hit the water. Where is the oil drain and how hard was it to change the oil. Any tricks or anything you did to help change the oil and not spill any. Also how much does it hold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is no oil drain. You must suck the oil out of the holding tank. The engine is dry sump. Do a search on this forum about VX110 oil change, there is a great vid somewhere showing the procedure. You can change about 2.5 qts of the oil. I think it holds about 4qts total. Search the forum for better specifics.

The most difficult part for me was getting the filter off. It is down at the left rear side of the engine, near the bottom of the boat. You cant really see it but you can feel it. You need a proper filter wrench. You will spill oil when you remove the filter. Make sure and have plenty of rags in the bottom of the boat to catch the amount you spill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts