Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2005 VX110 suddenly filled with water on Sunday and I had to tow it to the closest shoreline before loosing it. Fast forward, on the trailer the engine compartment is flooding when the engine is running on the hose. Using a camera I can see the hose clamp on the cooling water line is broken where it enters the block. The only way I can see to fix it short of a complete engine removal is to remove the exhaust manifold. Ugh. My marina says two month wait times and it's impossible to get parts.

Has anyone tried this? I can just imagine the corrosion issues I'll run into pulling a 17 year old ski's manifold. The ski still looks good and still ran good so it would be a shame to scrap it for the sake of a hose clamp.

Thanks

·
Registered
623 Posts
I hope you got it fixed but if not:

Using a camera I can see the hose clamp on the cooling water line is broken where it enters the block.

Response:
Which hose is leaking? Here is a reference to the right hand side of my engine
Right Side View - FX140, MR1, Yamaha - YouTube

Here are the schematics:
2005 Yamaha WaveRunner VX110 Deluxe (VX1100AD) OEM Parts, Flemington Yamaha (yamahapart.com)

The only way I can see to fix it short of a complete engine removal is to remove the exhaust manifold.

Answer: Maybe not.

Has anyone tried this?

Answer: Yes I have removed my manifold twice BUT the engine was out of the hull.

I can just imagine the corrosion issues I'll run into pulling a 17 year old ski's manifold.

Response: It is not like a car manifold in that it has a cooling system (water) that runs through it, therefore it does not get near as hot as a car manifold and does not have the same problems as a car manifold

The ski still looks good and still ran good so it would be a shame to scrap it for the sake of a hose clamp.

Response: Out of the question

Thanks

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yamaha is notorious for using non stainless steel hose clamps. My system has somewhere between 50 and 100. When I had the engine out of the hull I changed all the hose clamps to stainless steel. The ones I remove were rusted to hell and back. Just an observation that I think is worth noting. Yamaha may have started using stainless on later models. I do not know yet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts