Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying 2 2005 vx110 waverunners and have a few questions before I buy them. one has 100 hrs and the other 85hrs

They are both leaking water from the metal plate that the shaft goes through. Not by the shaft but on the outside of the metal plate where their is some type of epoxy squeezed out between the fiberglass and the plate. Is this a easy fix or should I run. If I do decide to get them and fix it what all should I replace while I have everything torn down.

One other thing one is faster than the other. will run 52 and the other 46 what could this be. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
323 Posts
So this plate is the one that has the internal thread for the scoop grate or pump shoe. Its no biggie but will need to be fixed. You will have to die grinf that brown glue off and re-sikaflex the plate back in. The speed difference could be impeller, air filter/plugs. Either.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Oh ok. Its not that thats leaking. Is it the back of the bearing housing for the pump shoe. Take a photo of where it is leaking and ill tell you haw to fix it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will get you a picture but it is the metal plate that the shaft goes thruough inside the hull.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ok, thats weird. So its leaking out the back where it bolts to the wall. You will have to take the engine off the mounts and slide it forward. You may have to undo some exhaust hoses etc too but the engine can stay in. Must either be loose or the seal is stuffed. Very rare on a yamaha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that is right it is leaking on both sides of the plate. What should I seal it back with. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Pull the housing out and replace the actuall housing. It must be faulty. The seal is inbuilt. Sealing it up without fixxing it is only masking the problem. Fix the actual problem when you find it so it doesnt do it again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you are confused about where it is leaking it is leaking around part # 13 in the diagram that I posted. When I pull that part off I was wanting to know what to seal it back up with. Thanks for the help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts