Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem. My 2005 vx110 sport has 19.5 hr.'s on it and it has a rough idle and idles a little high. Out of the water it revs all the way up but in the water under load it won't rev all the way up and it will only reach 37 mph. Any ideas, I pulled the plugs out and they all looked ok, I would like to test the coil packs but I am unsure how. Should I just take it to the dealer or can they test the coil packs if I take them there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
vx110

Contact me any time about your vx110 I have a rental fleet of them and I know them like the back of my hand. Your next issue will be replacing the stater @ 80-100 hrs. Sometimes rectifier assy goes bad but that is plug and play. You have the most reliable machine made. Our 06 deluxes have almost 500 hrs and dont skip a beat. watch your oil. they do consume a little. but they will talk to you regarding any problems. Beep beep. Changing the oil takes a special oil wrench (small). Don't try to put a screwdriver through it and use plenty of rags to sop the spilled oil. any other questions [email protected]:appl:

·
Registered
3 Posts
is the stater change a big job? I just bought a 65 hr 110 deluxe. the plug change is a great piece of advice. did that last weekend, what a difference... one other question. I think the clearance between the impeller and housing may be out of tolerance. is it better to change the two as a pair, or will a new impeller fix the clearance? Thx.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Engine rpm's seem a little high at low speed. Top speed is around 52, so no problems there. Thanks for the reply..

·
Registered
194 Posts
signs of bad impellers are when you first jump on the throttle it wont grab it kinda spins out or winds out and then slowly grabs and goes. it should greb right away as if you need to hold on tight. try to go full throttle from a stand still and see what it does. should not wind out at all. also look at the impellers blades from the back and through the intake grate and see if there are any dings or chips out of it. if so replace the impeller. you should not have to replace the housing, it is made of metal as opposed to a sea doo. they shouldn't wear unless you really suck up something big and trash it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thx bpann1... I think it's fine for now. No problems coming out of the hole. No nicks or dings on the blades. Will stop worrying and just enjoy the ride :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oil Change Tip

Contact me any time about your vx110 I have a rental fleet of them and I know them like the back of my hand. Your next issue will be replacing the stater @ 80-100 hrs. Sometimes rectifier assy goes bad but that is plug and play. You have the most reliable machine made. Our 06 deluxes have almost 500 hrs and dont skip a beat. watch your oil. they do consume a little. but they will talk to you regarding any problems. Beep beep. Changing the oil takes a special oil wrench (small). Don't try to put a screwdriver through it and use plenty of rags to sop the spilled oil. any other questions [email protected]:appl:
I learned a quick tip from an old boater regarding oil changing. Go to Walmart or Target and get a needle point hoop. Double bag some plastic grocery bags and pull the open ends through the hoop so you have a nice open ended bag you can drag under the oil filter as you spin it off. Drop the filter in the bag and catch the oil as it drains. Then just drag the bag with contents out and dispose of them. Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts