Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently de-winterized my 2006 VX 110. Everything worked fine for about an hour of running time. When I next went to ski, the throttle wouldn't power the ski above about 1/3 of normal speed. The sound of the engine is normal but subdued. With the boat on a lift, I cannot see anything blocking the intake area or propeller. If I squeeze the throttle while on the lift and running water through the cooling system, everything seems fine and the engine revs as it always has. The reving on the lift is significantly faster and more 'whiney' than when in the water. Can anyone suggest what more I can check before getting out the trailer and taking it in to be serviced. I've also tried fresh gas and a bottle of STP injector and carb cleaner.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Speed Problem

I would start by checking the air filter and spark plugs. Some people report oil back flowing into the air filter and clogging it up. The filter is a bit of a hassle to get to - need to remove 6 screws on the air filter case, plus cut some wire ties)

A fouled up spark plug could also give you the lack of performance you are experiencing. Most auto parts store should carry the same NGK plugs that are in it now (about $12-$15 for the set of 4)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts