Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2008 vx deluxe that we can easily pull a tube and knee board behind, kind of want to try wakeboarding but i dont want to buy one unless i know the jet ski is goin to have enough power to pull it, has anyone had any experience pulling a wakeboard with a vx or does anyone have any opinions? any ideas welcome, thanks

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
have a 2008 vx deluxe that we can easily pull a tube and knee board behind, kind of want to try wakeboarding but i dont want to buy one unless i know the jet ski is goin to have enough power to pull it, has anyone had any experience pulling a wakeboard with a vx or does anyone have any opinions? any ideas welcome, thanks
The VX has more than enough power to pull a wakeboarder. In fact it is much easier to pull a skier or wakeboarder than a tube, and the VX has plenty of power for pulling a tube. Only problem is that the VX and any ski for that matter does not make much of a wake. If you are pulling a wakeboarding newbie the VX is a nice platform to learn to wakeboard on, but experienced wakeboarders will not be happy behind any ski.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
ok, thanks, whats the best way to learn to wakeboard?
Best bet is to find a local ski club that offers a beginners class. Many of them will do the first lesson for free or at a reduced price. They will have the people to help you set up the board/bindings properly, and they usually have boards that you can use for the lesson, so you don't go spending money on the wrong board, before you know what you should look for. You can try to teach yourself, but it will probably take 10X as long to learn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts