Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wakeboarding with a PWC?

Well i am just wondering where i should start on setting up one of the following Honda's for some wakeboarding...from my limited research it seems attempting to use the tow hooks might not work out so well but i can't be certain :dunno:

If anyone has any experience in this department and wants to comment please do so....especially on the do-ability of using the tow hooks or the availability of a modified "tow pole" or something like that :confused:

Anyways here are the ski's

Honda AquaTrax R-12X
&
Honda AquaTrax F-12X

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmmm i knew that...not much relevance to my thread but thanks for the heads up i guess

Considering the lack of replys I guess everyone is hibernating for summer :dunno:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use the tow hooks on my rxt's but to be honest wakeboarding behind a pwc isn't spectacular, the wake is very minimal compared to a boat and not as clean.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that never occurred to me i guess

It doesn't look like the most stable place :dunno:

I am guessing you haven't had yours flex/break etc so far?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nope. It works great. No problems at all.

My buddy got this really cool bag that attaches, either under the seat on each side, you know like saddlebags, or when we are knee boarding or wake boarding, he moves one of them to the grab handle and when we are done, he just pulls in the rope, puts it in this bag and it stays there and we don't have to untie the rope. Plus this thing is an awesome ice chest.

Anyway, that whole set up works great for us. Hours of fun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Woah that bag there definitely sounds pretty handy...il have to look into something like that instead of slinging the ropes into the front compartment etc

So what ski exactly where you doing this on?

I'm still a bit worried that this plastic handle won't work :dunno:

·
Registered
9 Posts
We were doing it on a polaris.

I need to correct myself. I checked with my buddy, because it has always been his jetski, to make sure I was not leading you wrong, and he said that while we did use the grab handle, we only did for the kids. When it was an adult he tied it to the hole in the bottom, where we step on. Either way he was able to put it in his bag when we weren't using the rope.

He said the bag is called 'the buddy bag'. He uses it for fishing, drinks, lunches, all kinds of uses. He said it was the best ice chest he has ever used. I am thinking of getting one too, but I joined this site to learn more about pwc's before I buy my own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I definitely would not tie to grab handle, even if i did hold, the chances of breaking it would be high, and they can't be cheap to replace I don't know what aquatrax's have for tie spots, but if you were to use the hole as mentioned before the rope would always be towing you downward into the water, the higher the tie spot the better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I definitely would not tie to grab handle, even if i did hold, the chances of breaking it would be high, and they can't be cheap to replace I don't know what aquatrax's have for tie spots, but if you were to use the hole as mentioned before the rope would always be towing you downward into the water, the higher the tie spot the better.
Yea thats what i was thinking as well :( not really any good options are there

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'll be trying out a wakeboard behind my Honda F-12x this coming Saturday. I'll just be attaching to the tow hook on the back, under the grab handle.

I may have to get one of the inflatable balls to help keep the line out of the wake, but I'm gonna wait and see how this turns out.

I'd be glad to write back and let you know how it goes, but seeing as the last post was several months ago, I'm guessing you've already found a solution that works for you. If so, let us know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually i never made anymore progress then posting up this thread

My R-12x is busted unfortunately so i haven't been on on the water much but my F-12x is fine and i guess it could always be done on that

I would really appreciate it if you could take the time to post up your results barmanvarn i would really appreciate that

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey, will do bud, no prob.

Should be interesting....I've never pulled anyone on this (as I just bought it) and none of us have wakeboarded, so it should make for a lot of laughs.

A friend of a friend at the local pro shop hooked me up w/ a board and tow line. The line is from Wake Series. It's a new style that looks almost like heavy gauge speaker wire. It doesn't stretch so he says we'll get better feel from it. I've taken the extensions out of it, so it's currently at 65 feet. Still look way long to me, but I'll give it a go. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ahhh sounds like fun :thumbsup:

I've got a wakeboarding shop not too far from me and some money to waste this summer so hopefully its not too hard to setup and do on the F-12 :D

I saw a random jetski just the other day pulling a wakeboarder and they where doing it with ease and it looked rather fun so my interest has surely been rekindled

Let me know how it goes

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ok, I'm back from lake and I'm pretty sore, but I'm alive. :)

We pulled some people on the wakeboard (well, I was the only one that actually got up) and it went well.

I had shortened the rope to 65' but that turned out to be too close to the ski's wake so it was a bumpy ride. Next time, I'll put the rope out to it's full length of about 85' and that should help.

My ski didn't have any problems attempted to pull people out of the water. It's just a little difficult due to the turbo lag. I found that the only time the engine strained to pull people up was when the skier didn't point his toes and left the board completely vertical. All that water pushing up against the board made it difficult to get going sometimes.

All in all, a good time. The lake was pretty choppy so I just practiced getting up on the board. I didn't try anything crazy. That's for the next time out. LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the update man :thumbsup: sounds like you had a pretty good time out there

I am going to have to try this out soon...ha i just don't know who i would be willing to trust and let pull me :laugh:

Thanks again for posting :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts