Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so with all te work finally got exhaust housing and manifold off we loosened the engine bolts enuff to move engine a bit slide out exhaust attched to the turbo housing
then we removed the wastegate with a 30mm torx unpried the waste gate cap which was spinning it shouldnt have that meant the ballon type thing in there was busted we now must replace or fix it
ill post pics of wastegate in a bit can anyone help maybe we need to replace the solenoid ????/

ok ok.......we have done research and now found out you can replace wastegate actuator
but yyou must be a lil techkie were working on getting parts and will let yoyu guys know how we doing any ???? or if you want service manual hit us up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wastegate actuator went bad causing a big deposit of carbon on the turbo causing the turbine not to spin ,,,i just ordered a new wastegate and a ots valve solenoid cant wait to get items so i can post the fixxxxx
for all you guys

pm with your email so i can send you service manual

·
Registered
236 Posts
Are you sure that your problem is the wastegate? The heatshield between the turbine wheel and the turbo cartridge can distort and cause the turbo to drag. If the turbo drags it will pump oil out the exhaust and intake compression seals since the ceramic ball bearing turbos have no oil seals in them like a bushing turbo. Do not take your turbo apart by pulling the compressor wheel, we have not found anyone who is willing to rebalance them and they will destroy themselves at the 150K RPM they turn.

·
Registered
285 Posts
allot of corrosion , do you ride in saltwater alot?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Question! where did you find a wastegate to replace that one? mines shot too but turbo is good and i cant find where to buy the WG. honda told me i need to get the whole turbo but that is stupid if thats not the issue. i dont get why they want you to pay 3100 for a turbo just when a 100 wg part went bad and they do go bad! please let me know thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
you cant get a wastgate without buying a new turbo or a used one and taking the wasgate off it. not sure how he got a new wsg only...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts