Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 89 650sx, and we noticed the cylinders were awfully milky. My first step is head gasket, but is there anything else that could cause this, that i should check into also?

·
Registered
811 Posts
I just bought an 89 650sx, and we noticed the cylinders were awfully milky. My first step is head gasket, but is there anything else that could cause this, that i should check into also?
Did you run it on the trailer with a hose? Maybe you turned on the water with out the engine running, that will flood your crankcase.

See Ya

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, i didn't. As the owner told me it didnt run because it wasnt getting fuel and he assumed the fuel pump was bad, but when i pulled the plugs to do a quick compression check, there was definitly some water in the cylinder. He told me he was riding and it died, and wouldnt restart. So who knows what he was doing when it died, or what he did after it died. I'm just wondering if there is another way for water to get into the cylinders, beside head gaslket. I'm new to stand ups, so any help would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it turns out the previous owner did run water through it. So, my next question is how do i get the water out of the cylinders. I know when i sank a couple snowmobiles :D i would tip them over and pull and pull.

·
Registered
811 Posts
So it turns out the previous owner did run water through it. So, my next question is how do i get the water out of the cylinders. I know when i sank a couple snowmobiles :D i would tip them over and pull and pull.
The only way I know is to yank out the plugs and pull it over till its dry.:smashfreakB:

I snowmobiled for 25 years and never put one through a lake. Did ride across open water one time.:ShowLetter5:

See Ya:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well she's running, cranked and cranked till the cylinders were dry. Still wouldn't fire. So, i tore apart the carb and discovered that the diaphram on the side of the carb was put in backwards. runs great, just needs some pilot jet tuning. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts