Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Tigershark last fall.... Daytona w/trailer. Paid next to nothing. Never ran it when I purchased it (was dirt cheap... looks excellent) Anyway... I took the ski out and put the battery in... cranked it over. Nuttin. I took the plugs out to find that there is water in the cylinders. I am new to the Jetski world... what should I look at to determine where the water is coming from? Blown gasket?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
IpswichWhaler said:
I purchased a Tigershark last fall.... Daytona w/trailer. Paid next to nothing. Never ran it when I purchased it (was dirt cheap... looks excellent) Anyway... I took the ski out and put the battery in... cranked it over. Nuttin. I took the plugs out to find that there is water in the cylinders. I am new to the Jetski world... what should I look at to determine where the water is coming from? Blown gasket?

Thanks
If there are just water drops on the plugs and on top of the cylinders, it could be condensation. If on the other hand, you turn the engine over with the plugs out and it is like old faithful, then there is water in the engine. Source of the water, someone ran the unit attached to a water hose without turning the engine on. Waterbox full of water, you hit your brakes and it slings the water up through the exhaust chamber into the cylinders. Or it could be a blown head gasket, base gasket or exhaust gasket.

Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response. I was going to start at the top and work my way down looking at the gaskets to find out what was the problem. But, before I started taking things apart my son an I tried one more time. She (the ski) wanted to start and each time we turned it over she wanted more and more to start. Eventually she did start and ran well.

I think when the guy winterized it he either did something wrong or... well, I dont know. Anyway, it works well. I will now do a compression test and run through the rest of the ski.

The ski... 1994 Tigershark Daytona w/trailer... $400. I dont think I have anything to complain about. Agree? Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts