Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, 1989 Yamaha Waverunner WR500F. Bought the motor on ebay. Put it in fired up ran great at idle with the hose attached. Let it sit for 2 weeks. Tried to start it again. Hooked up hose and let it run for a couple of minutes then tried to start just like before. Wouldn't start so I pulled the plugs. Water on plugs. Turned it over with out plugs. Water shooting out of head. Took motor out and took head off, muffler, reeds. Got all the water out and hand cranked it over on the bench spraying WD 40 all through the motor. I plan to do that daily until I fix it so no rust forms. The question is how did water find it's way into the cylinders? Is it a gasket gone bad on one of the muffler covers on the sides of the motor? I planned to replace the head gasket. What could it have been? I even thought the water box might have been plugged up.

HELP!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Water Box not clogged! You could have host of Problems! did the person you bought the ski from winterize it first off, you could have a gasket rupture all the way up to a cracked wated jacket! it could be an internal exhaust cooling line or a number of things! you just are gonna have to use the old process of elimination! SORRY!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts