Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 03 Aquatrax to the shop for a starting problem. Diagnosis was a bad fuel pump. They replaced the fuel pump and it started and ran fine on a garden hose. Never put the machine back in the lake but when we went to winterize it there was water in the oil. We returned it to the shop and they changed the oil twice and it still has water in the crankcase. The claim they have checked for head problems, including gaskets, and cannot find the source of the water. Although they are not a Honda PWC dealer they are a Kawasaki PWC dealer and also Honda ATVs and Motorcylce. Nearest Honda PWC dealer is 75 miles away. They are waiting to speak with somebody from the factory for advice. Hoping someone on the forum has had the same issues.

·
Registered
285 Posts
This can happen if they are turning on the water hose first to service the machine and then going over to start it. The water is backing up threw the exhaust and entering into the engine. Usually threw the exhaust manifold . Not good and they should no better? ? possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
water in oil

Theres a good chance you are 100% correct. We came to the conclusion that even though they should know better they probably did exactly what you described. Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
The only way is to suck all the oil from the system, to get it all you need to suck it out from the back of the engine, hopefully they are not just removing the oil fill cap and sucking it out of the oil tank. You also need to get it out of the crank case, so you will have to remove the cap from the back of the motor and tilt it on a angle and suck it out from their also. Email me at [email protected] for owners manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me, I’m going to try and clear it out tonight. My only concern it that I have a older two stroke jet ski so I can't really suck anything out. Do you think I would be alright filling the crank case with premix turning the driveshaft by hand and then sucking the excess oil/gas/water out. Or should I use something like “Dry Gas”. The other thing I thought of doing is just taking the plugs out and try starting it which makes the watery mix come out the spark plug holes but I’m afraid that might harm the engine.
I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me.

·
Registered
285 Posts
? thought you had a honda jet ski? If you have water in a 2 stroke ski more than likley you have a head gasket bad. And no don't fill the case with fuel. what kinda ski is this we are talking about ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts