Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my son got enough water in the hull that some was ingested into the motor and now appears to be hydro-locked, it won't turn over but the starter does engage hard and the battery is a week old.

How can I drain any liquid that may be present in the crankcase? I've pulled the plugs sprayed a little water displacing stuff in the cylinders to prevent quick oxidation, pulled it out of the water and now wonder what to do next?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Get that water out as fast as possible. Pull spark plugs, crank until no water is left. Make sure to ground the spark plug wires. Get new plugs. Get some corrosion blocker and get it through the carbs. Eventually you will get it to start. If you need to leave it a while, pour some 2-stroke oil down into the cylinders or through the intake. The crank will rust fast if you don't get oil in there.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top