Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have just bought my first jet ski and need to flush it. the connector for the ski has lost the little knobs that lock it into the jet ski fitting but am still able to hold it down which seems to open the valve. i turn the ski on first then the water with light pressure the water seems to be going in but not coming out help!!! my sji is a 1999 waverunner xlt1200

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry let me further explain the flush kit connector that fits onto the ski has had the little knobs that hold it in there have snapped off due to wear , im still able to hold it in there manually. i start the ski turn the water on the water seems to be running but nothing is coming out of the ski while its running. i turn the ski off and then see water coming out of the inlet underneath the ski. do you think its because the connector is faulty or something else?

thnx in advance

·
Registered
40 Posts
Water should be coming out of a nossel on the left side of the ski, if not it is likely that there is a blockage. You would also know if somethin was wrong because the engine would overheat, triggering an alarm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for your reply but the ski is fine i didnt let it run long enough to even have water come out of the jets its all good.....although i did get a large deposit of oil on the concrete after flushing is this a problem?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Being a 2-stroke, oil is mixed into the gas and as result it is a dirty engine. Im not sure where a deposit of oil would be coming from other than what runs through the engine/exhaust. What you saw may just hav been exhaust mixed in the water that came through while it was running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts