Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A question for you's here at the forum. I have a 99 XL1200 Yami and after I flush my ski after everyride (flush for about 2-3mins reving it every 10secs or so) I get water on my spark plugs? but i take them out and crank the engine over and there is only a couple of little droplets that come out of the cylinders and it isnt salt water! so it has something to do when I am flushing my ski. What am I doin wrong or what is wrong. Is it something to really worry about?.

Is there to much pressure on my hose???

I cant work it out. But somehow it only happens when I flush the ski. Afterwards I always run the ski for 10-15 secs to clear any remaining water out maybe this isnt long enough???

Any ideas folks?:confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
In the flushing procedure are you starting the engine BEFORE you turn on the water, and turning the water off BEFORE you turn off the engine?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ernest yes I am starting the engine first for about 5-10secs then turning the water on and after a couple minutes 2-3 I will trun water off and leave the ski running for another say 15-20secs to get the rest of the water out of exhaust.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Are you sure its water you are seeing and not fuel? A wet spark plug usually means un-burnt fuel = a spark plug that has not been firing. The plugs can also look wet if you just run the engine for a very short time before it has fully warmed up.

If you are sure its water, you may have a leaking head gasket.......check for bolt tightness and the gasket. It could be that the added hose pressure is pushing in the water past the gasket while on the hose, but not enough pressure when running in the water to do it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i am very sure it is water. LOL I licked the liquid off the plug and yes it is fresh water. Ernest Is this something that should be fixed ASAP? As the funny thing is the plugs are wet but the ski still starts up everytime first go! I will check the head gasket.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I doubt you are getting too much water, or it would be running poorly, but if you have a leaking gasket, I'd get it fixed ASAP.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a mate next week going to check out the ski hopefully he can find where the water is infiltrating. :dunno:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I forgot to tell ya Ernest T I ended up getting a 2009 FZS last week :) and I am loving every second of it. And now my missus has the 98 XL1200 which I trying to fix for her.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL na she likes to put put around so now racing but I race everyone else and all puts a big grin on my face.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts