Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read where some owners are putting in a cut off valve in the hose that is the source for the spout out of the back deck. It appears that from where this hose originates it is passed the area of the actual pump.

I have a 2007 FX HO. Does this spout provide some sort of other functional use? Is it in anyway harmful to the Jet ski to install this cutoff valve.

All my calls to the local Yamaha service departments have netted a variety of answers depending on who you talk to. After describing what I wanted to do to one guy he said I dunno you will have to bring it in so we can see.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
After Market Spout Shut off valve 2013 VX Cruiser

Hi!
I am looking for an after market piece of equipment that will allow me to shut off the "rooster tail" spout on a 2013 Yamaha VX Cruiser.

Reason - tubing... kids love it but HATE the 'water bullets' to the face.

Does something exist for this model?

Any ideas? Thanks a million!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
You can get a cheap valve from your local hardware store like this: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Two-Little-Fishies-ATL5445W-Regulating/dp/B00025675K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426113198&sr=8-1&keywords=1%2F2%22+barb+hose+valve[/ame]. I think the hose is 1/2", but measure your hose before you take my word.

The even easier version that I use is one of these clamps: 4 Piece Fluid Line Clamp Set

You don't have to cut the line to use this one, but it doesn't perfectly shut off all the water, but it does reduce the flow enough to prevent your tubers from getting sprayed.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Menards has a shut-off valve for the spray = NIBCO pro-stop shut-off valve, 1/2 PEX x 1/2 PEX, straight pattern, $5.50 each. Metal, and the perfect small size. With a couple of small stainless steel clamps installation is easy. Twist on, twist off.

Hope this helps.

Zardoz

former sea doo owner, will never own one again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts