Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where, oh where, in Cali(hopefully SoCal) can one toss a PWC in the ocean and go jump a few hundred waves WITHOUT pissing off the CG/police, surfers or swimmers?:dunno::dunno:

even if its not in Cali, post up - please.
I'd like to start a list of places that PWC'ers can go to catch some air...

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I lived in San Diego and would launch my ski at Mission Bay, then go through the bay through the no wake zone that heads out to the ocean. Once you get to the jetti, you have an area about 100 yard wide by about maybe a mile long where all of the fishing ships come into the bay. It always has excellent waves in it to jump. You can then even go out into the ocean and ride out there too if you want. As long as you stay away from the shore line by I think 500 feet, you will not be bothered. Another few areas I would ride at our La Jolla shores. There is an area on the south point of the beach where you can drive onto the sand and launch directly in the ocean, The last place I would also go is down by the Navy ships by the Coronado bridge. I would ride for a while in San Diego Bay, then I would head straight out into the ocean from there. I actually used to love that spot too because the area where all of the Navy ships come in, has massive waves at times but they don't break, they just roll in and you can get some very nice air off of them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like some sound advice there Jay Dawg; I'm sure an aircraft carrier would produce some prodigious wake!

Thanks for the tips; next time i am down s.D. way i will for sure take the time to check it out!

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I have never been behind one of the Navy ships. They kind of frown upon you getting to close to them. Especially post 9/11 but it would be fun to ride the waves that they produce. The area where they come in at is actually pretty wide. If my memory serves me correct, the opening to San Diego bay is at least a mile or more wide. Heck, maybe even a few miles wide so there is plenty of room for you to jet ski there and the ships only go out and come in once in a great while because they are either on mission or docked for things like shore leave, repairs or restocking.

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
OH

thats right freakin NACY PACKARD (super BITCH) owner of the Monterey bay aquarium, she has stopped allowing any boat or watercraft in many many areas around all of the coast of CA!!!

read USCG rules,,

fuc that bitch, she has also stopped fishin in many many areas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts