Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have been a lurker here since last summer and have found a lot of useful information, so thanks for that. I have some experience working on motorcycles over the years but never a PWC. I purchased a 1996 waveblaster II 7/2020. Overall good condition and took it camping for a week at a fresh water lake. Ran great for the first 8 hours or so but then the exhaust suddenly sounded louder and I was taking on water rapidly. I removed the battery box and found that the water outlet hose had been zip tied on and came undone. I reattached it with a ring clamp and all was well.

After about 2 hours of riding the same thing happened. Loud exhaust, taking on water. I again removed the battery box only to find that hose had not come loose. I checked the drain plugs and those were fine. Unfortunately, I was leaving the lake that day and did not have the opportunity to run it in the water to try to identify the problem. It does not take on water unless it is running. I inspected the hose this past weekend (finally) and I did not see any cracks. I also checked the exhaust hose which looked fine and removed the water box which also looked OK.

Is anyone able to help with where to start? I'm in western NY so getting it in the water right now is not really an option right now. Any and all input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sergio

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, one area to check is where the exhaust manifold and expansion chamber bolt together. There should be a gasket between also. I recommend using at least blue threadlocker to keep those bbolts secured. Alot of vibration and mine have loosened up before and even hopped out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts