Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have been researching freeriding and freestyle jetskiing...It looks as if the superjet is what i need to get.

BUT i rode one yesterday for the first time and it was exhausting! I couldnt ride one for more than 20 min if i wanted to.

my forearms were burning, hands cramped, maybe im just a little b*tch but I dont think I could spend hours do it.

So my question, couldnt I have just as much fun riding a waveblaster and be able to sit down when I need to?

I could still do barrel rolls and backflips (eventually) couldnt i?

(also, i am talking about riding the surf, not lakes)

any opinions? comments?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have been riding kawi 550's for about 5 years now and wouldnt trade them for a sit down. You will def be sore if they are muscles that dont get used like that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input cantgetright.
I have another question regarding standups....

it seems to me, that when freeriding in the surf, it isnt easy to come out of a trick.

Meaning if you are to launch off a wave, and you land...youre most likely not going to keep your momentum right?

It seems as if you need to recover and then keep surfing,,,,it doesnt look like a fluid run to me- is that annoying?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry for the delayed responce. I dont ride much in the surf because of salt water. But when i did the height that you can reach and the little amount of surface area the covers is the reason.Anytime yor doing tricks wether your are in the surf or in open water the outcome is the same.But if you want to do donuts allday a sitdown is the answer.I dont know about barrel rolls on a sit down

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had a blaster and I now have a standup. Once you get used to riding the standup or superjet by yamaha as you said you will never really like wave blasters. If you want go on youtube.com and in the search bar type blaster backflip this is my friend chris 1st backflip attempt on the blaster and more so look at that then go to videos of superjet freestyle or standup freestyle and see which one you like better...

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
i have owned both and currently own a blaster. i loved riding my standup until i broke my back several years ago. i still wanted to be able to go riding, but couldnt handle the standing and holding the handlepole for very long. so i got a blaster, done a few mods to it and i love it! it has to be the most fun ive ever had on a ski. i ride only in the surf, so freeriding is really what i love. i do want to get back into a standup, but i dont think i will get rid of my blaster. btw they both will wear you out if your not used to riding. there are some days i can hardly walk after riding my ski for a good surf session. good luck with whatever you choose!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts