Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two vent lines that come off the fuel tank. The one with the two wire ties runs all the way to the back battery compartment. The one to the right of this one is not connected to anything. The Yamaha manual does not indicate where this hose should be connected to.. I would appreciate any input. Thank You

Attachments

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Friscokid,
Welcome to the forum.
The left one with the check valve in it is the actual vent line and should go up under the front cowling to a connection to outside of ski. The other may be a return from carbs or pump.

What model and year is ski?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1997 Waverunner Venture.

The line with the filter runs the whole length to the back of the boat. Would it be that long if it went to the front? I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Ok, here's your hose lay out.
Red, is vent line exiting through hull somewhere possibly back at under seat location.
Green, is return from carbs.
Blue, is fuel feed. One run and the other reserve. Both go to fuel selection valve. Exiting the valve going to the filter then the fuel pump.
The left blue in pic is reserve.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave, Thank You so much for taking the time to explain the hoses.I own the factory book and it is not clear in any of the diagrams.Looking forward to hooking these up the right way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the return from the carbs is not hooked up, would this explain the machine stalling when the throttle is released?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
If the return is off you would be pumping fuel into the hull. This would create a very dangerous situation. As would any fuel vapor inside the ski.

To answer your question I really don't know for sure. Doubtful though. Depending on where it was off at.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turns out the green hose you indicated was the return from the carbs and it was off of the carb jet. The small hole in the jet was completely clogged...thankfully, it was not putting fuel or vapors into the hull. Cleaned out the jet with carb cleaner,attached the hose. Machine started right up. I will be putting it on the lake soon to see if it stalls when I let go of the throttle after getting it up to a high speed. I am guessing because the excess fuel was not returning to the fuel tank the carbs were getting flooded and the machine would stall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts