Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can offer some feedback. Last 2 years, the jetski sat without running. It was winterized so I wasn't worried. Last year, the waves got rough and knocked it out of it's lift and it was beached. I put it back in but did nothing else.

Went to go start it to the other day and it had a lot of water in the engine compartment (guessing it was from when it was beached). The drain plugs were clogged. I unclogged them and it drained. I lowered it into the water, charged the battery and put new plugs in. It started right up, but revs high. Everything works fine other than that. It's tied up and when I start it, it wants to take off. Throttle isn't stuck. Pulled the carb and cleaned it (wasn't really bad). Any thoughts?

Is there a chance this isn't getting a good oil gas mix (too much gas from sitting)?

I'm now guessing.... Carb is fine. It wants to run. Pump and everything seem fine.... but it just wants to rev. I can keep the RPM's down with the choke, but something is wrong. Could the water have done somethings else? Please let me know your thoughts.

1994 Yamaha Waverunner III 700

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry guys... figured it out

When I opened the hood to put in the plugs, the wind caught it. I put it on prop to change the plugs. When I had the carb cover off, i noticed the butterfly slightly open. I should have paid more attention to that. When the hood opened, it pulled the cable jacket out of the metal end piece. This essentially propped the butterfly open a small amount.... enough to make it rev. Now need to pick up a new cable. I tried to jam it in, but it's a toss up on how long it'll stay. It's hardly in.

Thanks for the use of the site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts