Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I did a search and did not really find anything that would help me on my issue. I thought I would see if you guys could give me some input. I bought a 1994 WaveRunner 3 Knowing that it would need work when I bought it. Oil Injection has been Disable and it is premix now. The People I bought if from said they were mixing it 30:1 I think, What is the Correct Ratio?

Ok Here is what I got... It is Hard to start, If I Pour a Little Gas or Starter Fluid It will start but you have to give it throtle to Keep it started. That is not really what I have an issue with. Once I get it started and warmed up it will Idle on its own. My real problem is this, When I take off it goes but doesnt want to Plane out. It Kind of Boggs down and looses power. I let off the throttle and go again it has power then Just looses it. Basicaly it will about 8mph Max and wont plane out. I checked Compression and I got 138 and 140. I put new plugs in it and Check Fire on both of them. Does this sound like it needs a Carb rebuild or maybe bad gas? I havent worked on to many of these and any Suggestions would be great. I want to get this thing out on the water.. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took off the Carb today and took it apart and Cleaned it up and it is Running much better not 100% but A lot better!! I got a Rebuild Kit on the way.

Do any of you know how fast a 1994 Yahmaha WaveRunner 3 is Suppose to Run? Like MPH? Just wondering Mine doesnt seem to be running full speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts