Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha from the islands of the Pacific Blue.

I have a 93' Waverunner 650VXR that had been running well for the past three months or so and just today I attempted to run it after sitting for a couple of weeks and had a hard time getting it started.

It starts when carb cleaner is sprayed lightly into the venture but would die out. I knew it was fuel related to I detatched all fuel lines and flushed them out with an air nozzle and they all seemed to be clear.

Next I took apart the carb and flushed out all the fuelways and airways and everything seems clear. Now it starts and it idles but when I begin to throttle up it begins to bog somewhat and run high and low with the more throttle I give it.

Anyone know what more I can do or check? Thanks in advance and I look forward to some sound advice. Ahui hou gotta go, Aloha Shane

·
Registered
35 Posts
Carb issues

He might not have to rebuild it. On the fuel pump side of the carb there is a very small filter inside that gets plugged up. Especially a ski of that age. Remove it and blow it out with air. If the filter is not reusable I have them in stock. Also replace your OEM inline filter. If it still does it than yes you should rebuild the carb. I have the rebuild kits in stock also. Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts