Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need serious help with taking out the carbs on my PWC (2000 Yamaha XL800 waverunner).. It appears that I need to take out the one section of the exhaust in order to get to the two carbs located right underneath to the side, but for some reason I can not take it out. I pulled all the bolts holding it together, however there are these two pins that hold a seal together.. At least that is what the diagram in the manual shows.. However, I dont know how to take it off. The problem I have is that it needs to come off, because the two carbs are underneath it.. I want to rebuild them, because this season did some damage to one of them.. I think its an ethenol issue that killed my diaphrams.. Any assistance would be awesome.. I could even provide other contact information for a more detailed conversation on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.. I have the repair manual.. I have the diagrams, and it seemed simple, but they have the steps in easy english (ie no details on how). For example they say "Remove Pins". Now in the diagram there are two pins that hold the two exhaust chambers together, but even after I take all the bolts off I can't seem to get it to budge... Are you any good with these things? I could scan the diagrams and show you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts