Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a jetski GP1300Rthat for some reason will run 60+MPH for a few minutes then fall to 20MPH, but if you turn off and let sit a few seconds you can recrank and it is back to 60MPH. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
61 Posts
The first thing I would check is the fuel filter. It may need replaced! So while riding the fuel stirs up the garbage in it, once you shut the ski, it settles until you ride again! Please post the results.

·
Registered
209 Posts
what year?

whats on the ski.....mods that you know of?

the fuel filter is inside the tank, built onto the fuel pump.... its a pain in the ass to get it back in once you take it out, and that was when i had the whole gas tank out of my ski...... good luck if you wanna try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. The ski is a 2003 and I was thinking it might be the fuel filter. Any advice on changing it out, I'm sure someone out there has changed one out before.

Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks for the advice. The ski is a 2003 and I was thinking it might be the fuel filter. Any advice on changing it out, I'm sure someone out there has changed one out before.

Thanks

Bill
ya i have its in the tank...... theres a water seperator inside behind the bucket...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Your best bet is to get a service manual for your ski, it has the visual breakdown for you. Let me know by PM if you cannot find one, I have alot of them! (not owners manual, service manual)

·
Registered
209 Posts
??? any luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts