Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was using my friends Waverunner III 650 yesterday and it starts briefly and then shuts down. It almost seems like it shuts off automatically? There is fuel and oil. I checked fuel flow, spark, etc. All seems in order. When it dies it seems that you have to remove and reinstall lanyard to get it to fire again?

It was running fine until two things happened. First it got flipped upside down. There was no water in hull, but we had trouble starting it after that. We got it started by playing with the stop switch, so we thought the switches got wet when it was flipped? It ran fine after that for an hour until the oil ran out. We refilled oil and had trouble starting it, but then it ran fine for 30 minutes after that, so I thought we just needed to get the oil primmed?

Now it is doing the latest thing where it cuts off immediately. The only thing I see is the oil resevoir has a slightly cracked cap and I can not cinch it real tight without threads slipping?

Any advice would be gratly appreciated. Jeff

·
Registered
38 Posts
it could be a bad stop botton, there are a pair of wires going down to the electric box from the stop switch that you can unhook and that will bypass the stop switch. it should be the black/white wire. remember you will not be able to cut off the motor with this unhooked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a bunch. I will check that closer. If the stop switch was bad, would it even start at all like it does? It will start for 1-3 seconds and then cuts off abruptly as mentioned. Will start again after I remove and reinstall lanyard. Maybe this is just a coincidence, but it does seems to reset after removing lanyard? Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts