Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 07 yamaha waverunner only 31 1/2 hours on it. Runs good all the way through 3/4 throttle(around 7000 rpm), but full throttle loses power and goes down to about 2500 rpm. if u let off and get on it again at about 8000 it bogs again. can anyone give some help

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Lots of possibilities: contaminated fuel, blocked fuel injection nozzle or fuel filter, fouled spark plug(s), clogged air filter, loose exhaust hose (especially if this is FX HO model).

What to try: New fuel (higher octane). Look at the air filter (should be clean and dry.....no oil), try running it without the air filter. Carefully check exhaust hose (there is a noted problem with defective hoses and clamps in 06-08 FX HOs, and a loose exhaust hose could cause this problem (dealer will replace for free the defective hoses and clamps). Replace spark plugs (plugs are very common cause for poor performance in skis). Could even be something else (electrical, etc.), but these are the more common problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
VX deluxe loses power

I just had my 2007 vx deluxe out today it it does the exact same problem as you mentioned. It works fine in learning mode. In full power mode, it gets up to 7500 rpm and bogs out to about 2000rpm. I bought it used a month ago an this is the first time I had it out. I guess it's back to the dealer. Did your ski get fixed? If so, what was actually wrong with it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts