Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all from Ft. Walton Beach, FL.

I'm glad to be part of the forum and look forward to learning a bunch about my new favorite passtime!

My Waverunner stalled on me while running full throttle twice. The second time I was able to get it started and running long enough to get me back to the marina and on the trailer.

The local Yamaha mechanic showed me that 2 of the 3 cylinders had really low compression. He suspected that the cylinders were etched.

I'm ordering a top end kit to replace the cylinders, cylinder head and pistons. My question is, do I have to remove the engine to make the change.

I'm also planning on blocking off my oil pump and will look to see if the drive shaft bearings need to be changed since I hear a lot of rattling when the ski is running.

I've never worked on watercraft before (aircraft are my game) and would love any advice those here in the forum have to offer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am doing a 1100 triple right now and it is best to pull the engine.The reason is that it is very hard to install the piston rings when putting the jug back on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense Corey. It sounds like it may be easier to install a new engine as opposed to trying to install a new top end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts