Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i posted a while back wondering what to do about my crap water box that i couldnt find a replacement for, i have a 1993 vxr pro. so i ended up taking the water box to a couple muffler shops and they basically told me it is a glorified muffler!! so i went to my local auto parts store, picked up a thrush glass pack muffler and installed it in my waverunner, it was an easy install and it is no louder than the stock water box, had it out on the lake for 2 1/2 hours the other nite and the hull was bone dry!! i did notice a little bit of a power increase which was a bonus!! the thrush glass pack is a sealed cherry bomb type muffler, i know it will eventually rust out but when it does i will just spend another $32.00 and replace it. my buddy is building me a custom aluminum one but you know how favors go, its gonna take forever!! so i hope this info helps out anyone that is looking for the same thing, i can post pics if anyone wants them.
Russ.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I probably have a bunch of those Mufflers in my parted out jetskis, a lot of them have been pulled out allready and I don't remember what their out of or I might have one still in, If you measure yours from weld to weld on the end caps I can go check if I have one, I'd take $30 plus cost to mail or ship it if I have one. I have about 150 jetski's I'm parting out If you need anything else also. I'm in East Texas. I'm not in business just doing this as a hobby as I'm retired ( [email protected]) if you need something I can find it and send a picture of it to make sure it's what your looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts