Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a xl1200 waverunner 1998 its running a bit flat so i checked the spark plugs that i just replaced yesterday the one in the middle is clean but the other to are brown can anyone advise :dunno:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Do a compression test. Go to the auto parts stores and buy one. they should be at 110-120 evenly on all cylinders.

Let me know:appl:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Chaeck to make sure your oil lines are hooked up. You may want to consider putting a block off plate on.

I don't like to hear that one plug is clean. They should all be chocolate brown. Is it clean like no gas even. Smell it.

Let me know

·
Registered
10 Posts
1998 yamaha 1200

Having same problem on front cylinder compression good and is getting fuel but plug white like new and does have blue fire when checking out of cylinder onto ground ,the middle only drops rpm 200 back will almost shut off when removing plug wires while running no diff on the front cylinder when removed and the plug is only warm to touch and other 2 pretty hot to handle without moving around in hand after a few min of running have seen lots of post but no one replies that i have found and tells what the problem was found to be am a newbie to jet skis just rode and bought my first one at age 53 now have sister on laws trying to fix it for her so any help would be great. Was severe flooded when brought to me took all plugs out and spun over for about a total of 5 min time to clear all fuel out will run now but is missing, has .75 oversized pistons in it.
thank you
Billy

·
Registered
10 Posts
my problem turned out to be cracked plastic see through diaphragm which was causing that cylinder to flood out, cleaned all carbs and had a spare clear plastic diaphram that got me going till rebuild kits ordered for carbs
thanks for all help
Billy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts