Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 04 fx ho. I was told by a couple of sea doo owners tha ti have a bad wear ring. This came about after were all out on the water and they watched me take off from a full stop to wot. My ski starts taking off but I don't know how to describe it but it feels like for a couple of seconds it doesn't grab but then it does and i am gone.. We raced once today and they gave me a head start. By the time i grabbed, they were 30 yards plus ahead of me. They aren't much faster than me but they walked me . their ski's are stock. No special impeller or stage 1 kit.. Does this sound normal when taking off?
thanks

Frank

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Take off the intake grate and look at the impeller. Are there dents, nicks in the edges? Take a feeler gauge and check the clearance between the impeller and the housing at all the blades (should be .35-.45 mm no more). See what you find and report back. It does sound like a cavitation issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do Ernest. As soon as i pull the ski. Hopefully this week.
Is there any damage that I will cause if I leave it be? I would like to make the ski faster, but am not sure I want to shell out the money if it is not necessary. But if by waiting to address this issue I will damage my ski, then I will pull it and while I am at it,will do either part or all of the riva rpm kit.

Thanks

Frank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts