Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:???:Hello to all, Yep I'm a newbie. Have some pity. I am completly new to this world, BUT I am mechanically able and got some common sense. So thats me, now my ride. I picked up a 89 WetJet 432 Today. (I've read the forums and the laughs about them, but could not pass up price for the little work it needs) Here is the story, and the help I need. Sat in previous owner's backyard for four years. Ran fine when it was set aside end of season 4 yrs ago. (guy got a boat and forgot about it) I jumped the battery and engine turned over and shaft spun. The prop that was on it was the wrong one and got chewed up(see pics) guy gave me what he thought was the correct one but I don't think so(see pic): Question is , WHAT AM I MISSING TO MOUNT THE PROP, LOCK IT ON THE SHAFT, AND CONNECT THE BRUT JET NOZZLE TO THE PROP RING?(I know my wording is wrong on some items, sorry please see pics) Next, the gas tank had some fuel still in it and completly destroyed the fuel line hose in the tank. It was mush with the filter end left only in tank. Question: WHAT CONNECTION DOES THE HOSE GO ON? AM I MISSING MORE THAN ONE OUT OF THE FOUR THAT SHOULD BE IN THE TANK? (SEE PICS) NOW I AM GOING TO CHANGE THE PLUGS, REPLACE BATTERY, CLEAN CARB, FLUSH TANK AND GET SOME FRESH FUEL WITH HIGH END 2 CYCLE OIL AND LUBE SHAFT AND BRUT JET NOZZLE BOOT. But before I try to fire her up, should there be anything else done since it sat so long? And am I wrong when I believe that there is NO gear oil to change?? Just a simple 2 cycle right(lube in fuel) ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATEDclick on link, then click on a photo on your left under "ALBUM" to start manual slide show.
Thanks again

http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/a...etfred/wetjet/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on guys

if you can't help, maybe you could lead me in the right direction???
It looks like a lot but really only 3 things
thanks

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I've never even heard of that jet ski to be honest with you and with all that you need to do to it to get it to run, it sounds like you will be spending more money on parts than the ski is worth. Also, because that is not a very well known ski, your going to have trouble finding parts. It's age also won't help in that department either. If I find any places that sell parts to a Wet Jet, I will let you know though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.
But actually, if you go on Ebay and search "WetJet" get a page worth of parts and there is a good site www.receng.com that has a division devoted to parts for WETJET and all otherbrands. Good cost too, should check it out.
I'm just having problems finding out how to put the Impeller in, know i'm missing something, but diagrams, that what I can't find or somebody that works on these.
Well, I'm determined to get it in water before 2 weeks. Already got it running
Thanks again for the reply

1 - 5 of 5 Posts