Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this jet ski for free from my uncle. It wasn't running when i got it, but i spent the summer getting it fixed. A piston was burnt up. Someone let the oil get low and also was running the ski with the choke on because the carbs were acting up. I replaced the piston but for some reason it wouldn't throttle up, come to find out all the diaphragms in the carb were for crap. After i replaced those it ran great. Now i just need a better fuel pump to better the performance. I just recently got done doing a custom paint job myself, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks pretty decent :) - Get yourself some decals to dress it up - Good for you for getting her going again. ?? - Why/How do you think a "better" fuel pump is going to help the performance ? (Gotta kid you a little bit here - :) NEXT time put some thin plastic down when you paint something - looks like a little "overspray" on the trailer :) )

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cuz the fuel pump that's on it is old and struggles pulling the gas into the carbs. the acceleration is real weak. i'm just guessing that a fuel pump would help. Ha ya the trailer wasn't a concern, im painting that this winter when im done using the jet ski. that's why i didn't worry about covering it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts